Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Damage Tips
Do you know how to handle water damage while you wait for professionals to arrive? We at SERVPRO of East Central Cincinnati know that your property suffering from extensive water loss can be incredibly trying for your personal and professional life. That is why we want to share a few tips before our professionals arrive. Of course, your safety is always the most important thing. Remember that electricity is going to be a variable and needs to be taken into account. Avoid any standing water if possible. Objects will be heavier when wet so act accordingly when attempting to pick them up.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (513) 561-7378
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.