Fire Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Fire Damage Tips from SERVPRO of East Central Cincinnati
The fire and embers have been extinguished and now you are left with the aftermath of fire damage. SERVPRO of East Central Cincinnati understands the emotional and physical devastation that occurs after a fire damages your property. SERVPRO of East Central Cincinnati is trained and ready to mitigate the cleanup and handle your personal belongings as well. Our team is trained to use the steps in our fire damage restoration process in order to bring your personals and your structure back to "Like it never even happened." We want nothing more than to help you through every step of the restoration process and bring all of your belongings to pre-fire damage condition.
Have Smoke or Fire Damage? Call (513) 561-7378
What To Do After A Fire
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
What NOT To Do After A Fire
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting us.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat or water.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.